Employee Relocation to Los Angeles

We know that moving can sometimes be a bit of headache and when you’re relocating abroad it can be even more stressful. There is so much to think about even down to the smallest detail which can have huge consequences if missed or not correct.

At Gosselin we understand how hard it can be if you are trying to organise a relocation yourself but we’re here to help make moving to Los Angeles from the UK as smooth as possible.

Since 1870, we’ve helped thousands successfully move to their new homes abroad. We have a very experienced team of removals professionals backed by a strong network of logistics partners throughout the World.

When you choose Gosselin, you’ll have one of our highly experienced move managers to coordinate your relocation from start to finish. They will look after all the details from coordinating the initial pre-move survey right through to transportation to your new home or storage facilities.

They will also help with customs clearance in Los Angeles including answering any of your custom queries. Our move manager will be on hand every step of the way to make your move go smoothly and be stress-free!

Transit Times to Los Angeles

AIR: 10-14 days door-to-door*
SEA: 35-44 days door-to-door*

*These times are subject to no major delays during vessel sailing and customs clearance at destination.

Ranked as sixth in the Global Cities Index and 9th in the Global Economic Power Index, Los Angeles is one of the most substantial economic powerhouses in the United States. Its strength lies across international trade, business, culture and entertainment sectors.

The city is home to renowned institutions covering a broad range of professional and cultural fields. Los Angeles is also home to a thriving film and television industry which includes Hollywood.

Large employers include Target Corp, Kroger Co (Ralphs, Food 4 Less), Bank of America, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Providence Health & Services and Boeing Co.


Income tax is comparatively low as the U.S. is a low-tax economy. Whether self-employed or working for someone, every person working in the U.S. needs a taxpayer identification number which is issued by the Inland Revenue Service.

For help with moving to Los Angeles, contact us at london@gosselin-moving.co.uk or call +44 (0) 207 622 4393 to speak to a move manager.